Re: [NTLK] Airport on Newton

From: Oliver Brose (oliver.brose_at_t-online.de)
Date: Thu Jan 24 2002 - 12:13:12 EST

I did it! It works!

-I downgraded my system to AirPort 1.2 by extracting an 1.2 installer with
TOMEVIEWER and then replacing as little as possible regarding
systemenhancements etc.. AP1.2 somehow did not allow me to set the
channel...

-activated c-to-c network, told the Newt to search for other Macs - it foun=
the iBook & connected to NCU!

-EXITEMENT!!!

-I managed to install a smaller pkg on the Newt, using the iBook's keyboard
also works.

-Installing a large pkg, backing up the Newt on the iBook,
importing/exporting files all resulted in a frozen Newt/Mac, so there is
lots of room for improvement.

Equipment:
-The Japanese Lucent WLAN driver for Newton
-iBook with OS9.2.2, downgraded to AirPort 1.2
-Lucent Technologies WaveLAN TURBO 11MB SILVER

My iBook works fine using AP1.2, but I think the driver should be updated t=
use 2.0 or at least 1.3.1, if possible. If your setup does not work, be sur=
to use 1.2. I changed nothing except the AP software, and that made it work=
.
I will play with this a little more, as I am most interested in
importing/exporting files - did somebody manage to import RFT?

Oliver #}

--
Man sollte nicht die beschissene Realit=E4t akzeptieren, weil irgendeine
hypothetische Situation eventuell =E4hnlich sein k=F6nnte, von der bewiesen