Re: [NTLK] Resistant thermistor

From: Johannes Wolf (jwolf_at_xe.estec.esa.nl)
Date: Thu Jan 24 2002 - 03:05:15 EST

Agree to the self resetting thermal switch, seems to be most likely this
one.

Regarding the 9W power adapter: it is a highly sophisticated switch mode
power supply with two main modes:
constant voltage mode of max. 7.5 Volts (as long as the current is below
1.3 Amps)
constant current mode limited to 1.3 Amps (the voltage goes down in order
to keep the current constant)
In case of the load is even more low impedant, the power adapter will fold
back the output current.

In my experience this adapter is perfectly matched to the Newt, thats why
you will not achieve the same quick charging behaviour with a laboratory
power supply or any ather wall plug adaptor.

Johannes