Re: [NTLK] Linux on a PDA - Come on people!

From: Steve Weyer (weyer_at_kagi.com)
Date: Wed Jan 23 2002 - 12:06:29 EST

> Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2002 22:35:40 -0500
> From: Chris Myers <cmyers_at_plumbrook.com>
> Subject: [NTLK] Linux on a PDA - Come on people!
>

> After trying to find pictures of a Next keyboard I happened to stumble
> on the Linux watch project at IBM.

> Who says you can't fit Linux or Unix on a PDA?

I have one of the new Zaurus (developer) units.
(Linux, Personal Java). hardware is nice;
some of the builtin apps feel like pre-MP100 vintage
but rapidly improving. and it has Opera built-in.

if anyone's interested, I've got Waba running on it,
and did ports to Personal Java of a few of my standard simple apps,
and a ebook reader (similar to my PilotDoc plugin)

  http://members.home.com/saweyer/z/index.htm
  http://www.kagi.com/weyer/#Zaurus

also has links to Zaurus reviews/info

(maybe someone would like to resurrect Gnuton for this?)

--
Steve
  weyer_at_kagi.com