Re: [NTLK] Emate NOS 2.2

From: Stephanie Maks (steph_at_maksystems.com)
Date: Tue Jan 22 2002 - 15:29:19 EST

> And the battery management shouldn't be as good as with the update.

Actually the battery management *sucked* on my eMate anyways, I did the
battery refurbish with brand new NiMH cells, and still I only got 15 - 30
minutes of battery usage. So maybe blowing everything away has helped in
some strange way. Not that I've tested yet.

> Thanks, you're the first that reported about this 2.2 version in detail,
> always wondered what it was all about.

I don't really have much detail to report... The two ROM chips are labeled
with LO 2.2 and HI 2.2, both (m)Apple & (c)1996... The reboot screen reads
Newton 2.2.00 (c) 1993-1997 Apple Computer Inc., and memory info slip says
ROM Version 2.2.00-1, System RAM Installed 4008K. Internal store 547K used
& 3132K free. (This is with the upgrade card).

Of course all the problems that the recent patch was suposed to fix, it will
be suceptible to now.

> Ask Paul Guyot about it, he killed his 2100 with it at some point.

My MP2100 worked right away after I blew away it's system patch. Maybe I
was just lucky with that, or it wasy trying to lull me into a false sense of
knowing what I was doing. At any rate I think I will lay off with these
hazardous tests, until next time I feel bored & foolish :)

-Stephanie