Re: [NTLK] Basic problems

From: Aron Hsiao (thoth_at_leapdragon.net)
Date: Tue Jan 22 2002 - 15:37:31 EST

On Tuesday 22 January 2002 12:07 pm, you wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> I intended to use my Hayes Optima 336 Fax/Data Modem card
> in my MP2100, use a normal telephone line and connect to
> my G4 Cube's ethernet port to sync with each other, using
> NCK. Can it be done? If not, any better suggestion?

Don't do it! You may break something. The modem's phone
jack and the ethernet port are physically and electrically
different!

Get an ethernet card (3c589's are cheap right now) for your
Newt and use that. But to install the 3c589 driver, you
will need a working connection, so your starting point must
be serial!

-Aron