[NTLK] Palm Desktop v2.6 Mac

From: Luiz Petroni (lpetroni_at_compassoarte.com.br)
Date: Tue Jan 22 2002 - 08:27:43 EST

Hi:

I¹m new to Newton and this list so, maybe this has been asked before.

I have a Palm Professional and now a MP2100 - so it¹s time to transfer all
my info to my MP2100.
I¹m using the Palm Desktop 2.6 running on a Mac and the Palm was connected
via the Palm USB Connection Kit.

What I¹ve done until now:

1. I disabled Conduit Manager.
2. I installed NCU 2.0 and amazing! (at least for me) - NCU automaticaly
recognized the Palm USB to Serial Connect Hardware (as the Palm USB Connect
Extention was active).
3. I was able to do my first backup using the Palm USB to Serial device.

Now the questions arise:

Can I use the Palm Desktop 2.6 on my Mac to sync (datebook / address /
notes) with the MP2100?
If the Palm Desktop is not complete compatible, is there any other Mac PIM
that you may suggest me?
If there is no PIM that is complete compatible, is there any other
application that can handle my data (datebook / address / notes)?
If there is no application at disposal, can I use some kind of development
tool (database) to build one?

TIA

lpetroni
compasso arte