Re: [NTLK] Developping under Linux

From: Dakkar (ceccarel_at_cibslogin.sns.it)
Date: Tue Jan 22 2002 - 06:21:48 EST

On 20020122111037, BOURGUIGNON D DvSI/SNPI MTY wrote:
> Is someone knows if it's possible developping softwares for Newton
> under Linux (emulator, language etc ...) ?
I'm using BasiliskII, a Mac emulator, and it works fine.
You can find it at http://www.uni-mainz.de/~bauec002/B2Main.html
Serial communications should work (using PC's serial ports) but I've
not been able to make it.
I use EtherTalk (with a 3com card in my Newt), and I had to add the
'sheep_net' module to the kernel (should work with ethertap, but with
kernel 2.4.x there are problems). Note: do not use the sheep_net you
find in the source distro of BasiliskII, use the one from the 'mac on
linux' project http://www.maconlinux.org/download.html

--

Dakkar - <Mobilis in mobile>

-- Male cadavers are incapable of yielding testimony. -- Individuals who make their abode in vitreous edifices would be well advised to refrain from catapulting projectiles. -- Neophyte's serendipity. -- Exclusive dedication to necessitious chores without interludes of hedonistic diversion renders John a hebetudinous fellow. -- A revolving concretion of earthy or mineral matter accumulates no congeries of small, green bryophytic plant. -- Abstention from any aleatory undertaking precludes a potential escallation of a lucrative nature. -- Missiles of ligneous or osteal consistency have the potential of fracturing osseous structure, but appellations will eternally remain innocuous.