Re: [NTLK] MP2100 homebrew overclock

From: Stephanie Maks (steph_at_maksystems.com)
Date: Mon Jan 21 2002 - 23:56:06 EST

Congratulations Vernon! Glad to hear it.

Pulling the old crystal is by far the hardest part. Though even if
installing the Implant it has to be done, and I'll wager, PCBman's speedup
solution will need the crystal to be removed too, so it's not a problem
unique to this hack.

When I did this on my eMate I did mess up the motherboard, I didn't follow
my own advice, and tried to rush it. So I ended up having to follow back
the copper traces, and add my hookup wire almost to the IC. Not very
pretty.

Also, I have corrected the switch information on the web page, thanks for
catching that! I'll have to re-read my schematics text book, to make sure I
don't get other things mixed up in my head.

-Stephanie