Re: [NTLK] Airport on Newton

From: John Del Pizzo (jdpizzo_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Jan 21 2002 - 20:06:08 EST

> Couldn't someone with a
> little no how, take his source file (which he has made available for
> free providing that whoever improves the file distributes the app for
> free) and carbonize it? In RealBasic, carbonizing an App for OSX usage
> is as simple as clicking the "OSX/Carbon" toggle. I tried doing this,
> but I get an error where it doesn't recognize one of the objects he
> created. Maybe another can download it and work with it a little. We
> could possibly have a carbonized app to let us connect natively in OSX.
> The URL is: http://www.tempel.org/newton/

Jim,

It's not as easy as that. I use Thomas' Newton DIL Plug-ins in Newtourage.
While not technically correct, his plug-ins are effectively wrappers around
the existing DIL's. This means they share the same limitations as NCU and
any other Dock based application (NCU). Without the source code for the
DIL's carbonizing them is impossible.

However, I believe that his Newton-ness himself, Paul Guyot, was working on
a replacement library that could be carbonized. I don't know where he is in
the process.

John