Re: [NTLK] Weird Newt in "Hackers"?

From: Robert Benschop (rbenschop_at_mac.com)
Date: Mon Jan 21 2002 - 16:54:42 EST

on 21-01-2002 7:27, Jim Anderson at jiman_at_microsoft.com wrote:

> Well, I'm not positive, but the keyboards in that funky Neil
> Peart wraparound computer seat in The Matrix sure look a lot like Newton
> keyboards with different decals on the keys...

Eh, lets get this straight, you compare the setup of the wraparound computer
seat in The Matrix to the drums setup of Rush drummer Neil Peart.
(it took me a Google search to find this out)

One really has to with it these days to follow NewtonTalk...

But to get back on subject, the only real good close-up that I've found of
the keyboard in The Matrix is in scene 14, 46.24 minutes in the movie
(long live the DVD player) and yes, that looks awfully much like a Newton
keyboard, but what is that extra row of keys (function) at the top ?

Since it turns out that somehow I can't make a screenshot of a DVD (it shows
up in Photoshop, but somehow magically disappears when I eject the DVD,
dependent data ?) I'm now in the process of (indeed illegally) ripping the
complete DVD, just to get that one !@$%^&* image of the keyboard, will
report my success/failing...

Robert Benschop

P.S.
if anybody has a better suggestion how to get the image, please let me know,
I'm using a Mac.