Re: [NTLK] [OT] New PC's

From: Jon Glass (jonglass_at_usa.net)
Date: Mon Jan 21 2002 - 14:09:03 EST

on 1/20/02 2:54 PM, Oliver Brose at oliver.brose_at_t-online.de wrote:

> Current models look great if you take the time to admire them, but they are
> just sleek and decent, clean, clearly machines.
>
> Looking at the new iMac, I see an tendency towards the total disappearance
> of the computer as a "computer", it becomes a piece of furniture that
> integrates within any surrounding without standing out as intruding
> technology.

The key word to describe the Mac line is "minimalistic." (sic) :-) The PCs
on the Intel site are "maximalistic." (and ugly to boot--sorry, but most of
those designs look like designs for the sake of being designs, and with no
real clear-cut goals--well, except for the gills...) :-) Art for the sake of
art is rather pedantic and produces the results you see on that site...

--
-Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland