[NTLK] exporting notes, take 2

From: Rhonda Hyslop (rhonda_at_paradox.null)
Date: Sun Jan 20 2002 - 02:11:33 EST

Ok, so I figured out why I couldn't see the sketches in my notes. (I was
trying to open it in a program that didn't understand graphics.) I've
run into something else while trying to export my notes, however...

There appears to be a limit of approximately 1Mb (rtf format size, not
newton notes internal storage size) when I'm exporting my class notes. I
selected all notes for one class, exported it, then when I went to look
through the rtf file in appleworks, I noticed that it had only grabbed
about 2 weeks worth of notes, rather than the 3 months or so I had
selected. I continued on, selecting from the last note in the rtf file to
the end of term, and exporting again, and got another 2 weeks worth. Both
of these files are very close to 1Mb.

Does anybody know if this limitation is in the rtf format, NCU, or the
newton itself, and if there is any way of working around it? This whole
business of selecting everything then checking to see what was actually
exported is kind of annoying, and I have a lot of notes I want to back up
in a readable format.

Thanks,
  -Rhonda

--
www.write-on.indy || write-on.homeip.net \/  http://history.ubcengineers.ca/
  Discuss the art and craft of writing   /\   UBC Engineers History Project