Re: [NTLK] More on Cheap Newts

From: Mark Ross (markross13_at_home.com)
Date: Sat Jan 19 2002 - 16:22:46 EST

>> They gave them a procedure to test for this so if anyone manages to get
them,
>> they will at least be good ones.
>
>Actually Mark, would there be a way that we could get that 'procedure' as
>well ?
>
>Robert Benschop

>Woah... You didn't happen to learn this procedure did you?
>Does this confirm that jaggies are not a display problem,
>but are instead a logic problem?
>
>-A. Hsiao

>So, does this mean that I SHOULD send mine back?
>Considering that I emailed them and they said that
>they "will look at it and confirm". Does this mean
>that they recognize this as a valid problem for
>returns>
>Ed

I can ask Jerry by email if he can tell me the procedure. He may not
know, as several techs were working on the problem the day I arrived. I
got the first batch of "certified jaggy free" models they tested. Yes,
it appears that jaggies can be a mother board problem, but not
necessarily. Dirt can cause it as well.

Ed- It appears that they will take back a jaggy unit. Contact Jerry for
information.

Mark Ross
markross13_at_home.com