Re: [NTLK] Re - 9 volt power adapter

From: doppler (doppler_at_mac.com)
Date: Fri Jan 18 2002 - 07:32:34 EST

Chris Searles [csearles_at_netcologne.de] wrote the following 2002-01-17 09.18:

>> NEVER POWER YOUR NEWTON OR EMATE FROM A SOURCE THAT HAS A VOLTAGE
>> OF MORE THAN 7.5 VOLTS. IF IT IS NOT A GENUINE APPLE ADAPTER, MEASURE
>> THE VOLTAGE EVEN IF IT IS LABELED 7.5 VOLTS OR LESS.
>> YOUR NEWTON OR EMATE MIGHT BE KILLED OTHERWISE!!

talking about power adaptors, is there anyone who has tried a 7W adaptor in
conjunction with the battery tray loaded with high capacity NiMH-cells
(6-7Ah) in a mp2k?

i heard that the unit could start to melt from the heat generated from the
charging of the cells, so everyone seems to use a separate charger for high
capacity cells. i thought mybe the 8W adaptor will charge slower and the
newton will then not get so hot, but i dont want to be the first one to
try:)

im interested in upgrade the (by now) quite old battery pack of my newt, but
then i need to have a good alternative, as i dont want to run around with a
separate charger.

ideas, anyone?

                      roman pixell

_________karmatic_experience_group__