Re: [NTLK] Warning: 20 MB Cards Recently on eBay

From: Laurent Daudelin (nemesys_at_cox.rr.com)
Date: Thu Jan 17 2002 - 23:04:32 EST

on 17/01/02 22:20, Larry R. Chan at eroadies_at_mindspring.com wrote:

> I bought one of those 32 MB Pretecs from GEM, don't think they were in a
> router. I had suspected the Vikings were used in a router because when I
> asked about them, they did not know where they came from. The 32 MB are
> probably from the same source as the 2100s they are
> selling/auctioning...from some vertical market user, my Pretec had what
> looked like a proprietary pkg on it called Northstar.

Yep, same for me with the 32 MB card. I couldn't find out what was on the 20
MB one for obvious reasons...

-Laurent.

evil and rude adj.: Both evil and rude, but with the additional connotation that the rudeness was due to malice rather than incompetence. Thus, for example: Microsoft's Windows NT is evil because it's a competent implementation of a bad design; it's rude because it's gratuitously incompatible with Unix in places where compatibility would have been as easy and effective to do; but it's evil and rude because the incompatibilities are apparently there not to fix design bugs in Unix but rather to lock hapless customers and developers into the Microsoft way. Hackish evil and rude is close to the mainstream sense of `evil'.