Re: [NTLK] [OT] new nokia pda

From: Oliver Brose (oliver.brose_at_t-online.de)
Date: Wed Jan 16 2002 - 11:05:28 EST

> If I were you, I would not buy Siemens. The are unable even to supply you
>> with a USB cable for their phones
>
> Siemens doesn't offer USB cables for their phones, but others do -- I'm
> quite happy with the SoftRadius cable from Option for my S35i. Obviously
> it's not much use with my eMate or MP2100, but with the iBook it works
> very well.

Yes, but that costs about 150EUR, doesn't it?
A little expensive if all you need is already there (modem inside the S45).
There is a french company selling a cable as well, along with softmodem
software (Mac friendly) but I have yet to check for the price.
Yesterday, I stumbled over a solution by Databecker, lots of toystuff
(ringtones, logos...) along with a cable.. was it 25 or 50EUR... looked
reasonable, but stated nothing about beeing Mac friendly.

Want fun? Call up Siemens and ask them for a USB solution.
S:"We do not have that"
Me:"Why? RS232 seems pretty ancient to me."
S:"No, that's what the majority wants to have."
Me:"Aha. Well, our Macintosh computers don't have RS232, I'm afraid."
S:"Apple? Oh sh**..."

It is a plain shame that a high profile company such as Siemens is not able
to support current solutions without 3rd partys.

Oliver :/

--
You Live, You Learn.
http://www.apple.com/myths/