Re: [NTLK] An idea for Names...

From: Joel M. Sciamma (joelsciamma_at_compuserve.com)
Date: Mon Jan 14 2002 - 15:39:17 EST

Robert,

> But did you find a way to do a forward delete ?

There's always one isn't there... ;-)

My first thought was to call a NewtonScript to perform BS and Fwd Del and
other similar functions and some enterprising Newtoneer might want to give
this a try but using GS was the indolent, and therefore preferred, solution.

I use word expansion as follows:

ca > comma
cl > colon
hy > space hyphen space
pd > period
qo > double quote
rt > return
sl > space/space
sp > space
tb > tab

I also use GS:

2 > 2 returns
L > backspace
M > Text entry macros

...and a ton of other stuff. Using GS to evaluate NS expressions makes maths
"in place" very handy plus all the launching, backlight, sleep, reboot, dock
etc.

and proPoint:

Letter "s" with no leading space to make plurals
Time
Date
Style sheets
Punctuation/selection/forward delete/special characters

With this lot, and the fact that I get such spectacular recognition
accuracy, any text entry task is a doddle.

Regards,

Joel.