Re: [NTLK] Typing sounds

From: Eric L. Strobel (fyzycyst_at_home.com)
Date: Mon Jan 14 2002 - 09:05:28 EST

at the temporal coordinates: 1/14/02 2:34 AM, the entity known as Robert
Benschop at rbenschop_at_mac.com conveyed the following:

> on 14-01-2002 4:27, Ray Kloss at raykloss_at_mac.com wrote:
>
>> Now that I have an Emate, Is there a package that will give me typing sounds
>> while I touch type - gives me some auditory feedback while typing. I have
>> one for the Mac that's great.
>>
>> PS. Anything else essential for the Emate, plan to use it only for
>> wordprocessing (have my Newton for notes)
>

> Well there is WittyKeys shareware US$15 at
> http://people.freenet.de/thorsten_lange/wk_e.html
> which will give you an awful lot of cool stuff for your eMate (or other
> model when used with a keyboard) but I don't think it will give you sounds.
> In that case get a 2x000 with a keyboard, people have been complaining that
> that makes way too much sound ;-)

I was wondering about that last bit... The keyboard I got when I bought my
130 is just about the quietest keyboard I've ever had. Not quite as quiet
as those on my Duo 280s, but FAR quieter than this iMac keyboard.
Certainly, my Newt keyboard is NOT something that would disturb a briefing
or lecture. Although, I still generally use HWR so I can lean back and
relax...

- Eric.