Re: [NTLK] An idea for Names...

From: Robert Benschop (rbenschop_at_mac.com)
Date: Sun Jan 13 2002 - 18:14:45 EST

on 13-01-2002 10:20, Victor Rehorst at victor_at_newtontalk.net wrote:

> For those who haven't seen it before, there's a great page written a while
> ago by Hardy Macia with tips for getting the best recognition.

You could say that Victor, the last update was according to the source:
'last modified : July 9, 1998' and remember reading it quite a while before
;-)

on 13-01-2002 9:14, Darl Singh at darl_at_ses.net.nz wrote:

> I use the printing recogniser - and occasionally get this recognised as a
> 'j' - so have expansions set up to recognise j also as a hard return.
> Works flawlessly!

So how do you write a 'j' ? (!!!)

I chose a Greek letter Beta, never write that in real live, at least, not so
far, in German I just use two times the letter s

> Can't help on the backspace command tho - and I agree, would be a nice
> one to have.

I asked the list quite a while ago about it and nothing came up, so that
doesn't look promising so far.
WriteStuff's Caret enhancer I wrote about earlier today has it though and so
does one of Way's honourware utilities (the one that sits under your
buttonbar) but they're two tap solutions :-(

on 13-01-2002 2:48, Eric Schneck at eschneck_at_mindspring.com wrote:

> I would like to get a popup:
>
> jdoe_at_acme.com
> john.doe_at_acme.com
> john_doe_at_acme.com
> john_at_acme.com
> doe_at_acme.com

etc.

You could do this also with any of the Caret enhancers I mentioned earlier
today.

Robert Benschop