Re: [NTLK] Does this stuff exist for the Newton on OSX?

From: ROBERT DOWNS (rkadowns_at_mac.com)
Date: Sat Jan 12 2002 - 12:52:17 EST

On 1/12/02 5:06 AM, "Jon Glass" <jonglass_at_usa.net> wrote:

> on 1/12/02 8:07 AM, james richter at paparichter_at_yahoo.com wrote:
>
>>> 1. Is there connection software for Newton on OSX?
>>> If so what and where can
>>> I get it?
>>
>> Nothing native to OSX. Use NCU 1.0 (found at
>> www.unna.org) and use in Classic environment. I synch
>> fine either using Ethernet or a serial to USB
>> conenctor.
>
> Nothing yet that runs under OSX.
>>
>>> 2. Is there sync software for the Newton on OSX so
>>> that I can download and
>>> sync my appointments, emails and etc. if so what and
>>> where can I get it?
>>
>> Nope, nada. May be able to get Palm Desktop for OSX
>> to work, but I've not heard of anyone yet. You can
>> definitely use Palm Desktop, export your appointments,
>> etc. and import them into the Newt that way.
>
> There is Newtourage that syncs names between the Newt and Entourage--so
> saying you have entourage. :-) I believe it, running under Classic, can sync
> your X Entourage database. Maybe someone else here has more info. I don't
> even have a web page, but I am thinking about upgrading to X, and when I do,
> I will be looking further into this.
Your statement about Entourage is correct. However I did run into problems
getting Newtourage to sync with the X version. I had to remove all classic
related Entourage files to get Newtourage to use the X version. After that,
it's really smooth. Great program.

It only syncs contacts at this time. Hopefully it will sync calendar and
to-do's in the future.