Re: [NTLK] HELP! MP2100 got wet... what do I do?

From: Mark Ross (markross13_at_home.com)
Date: Sat Jan 12 2002 - 12:34:33 EST

This reminds me of a time when I was a theater producer for a college
group and we were doing an Irish play. Needless to say, Guiness was a
big prop for the show. One of our less careful coworkers dropped a
bottle down the lighting panel during a show. The lights flickered and
winked, but the heat of the box dried out the circuits and the show went
on as scheduled!

>A better solution would be to get a more expensive
>brand of beer! If you would say, pay $3.00 per bottle
>of beer, I can guarantee you, not a drop would get
>spilled (the beer I buy comes in litre bottles at
>$8.00/litre...The best weitzen you can buy in the
>States! And you can bet, if a drop were to get
>spilled, I would catch it before it hits the ground!)
>Ed
>web/gadget guru
>
>--- Stephanie Maks <steph_at_maksystems.com> wrote:
><snip>
>> I had a friend who was endlessly getting beer into
>> his remote control, and
>> the solution to that was pretty simple but I would
>> NOT do this to a newton.
>> I'd pry the remote apart completely, take the
>> batterys out, and wash
>> everything, including the circuit board, with soap
>> and water. Then let it
>> dry for several hours, and then re-assemble it.

Mark Ross
markross13_at_home.com