Re: [NTLK] Newton Backlight Replacement

From: Jesse Garnier (lists_at_stonehopper.com)
Date: Fri Jan 11 2002 - 11:39:00 EST

peter brigg wrote not long ago (1/11/02 10:53 AM):

> Just a note to say i got Ferdi to put the white backlight in my 2100 and it
> is fine for reading in low light. I now realise the Newton problem, with the
> original backlight or Ferdi's, is in medium light where even with the
> backlight on the ambient light makes reading the screen somewhat difficult.
> Ferdi did the job quickly and professionally an kept me informed of receipt,
> dispatch, etc.

Hi Peter, would you mind sharing your overall opinion of the new backlight?
Maybe a number ranking from 1 to 10, with 5 being the quality
(readability/brightness) of your original backlight?

I think it's time for a new backlight, but I'd be interested in feedback
from others on the new light compares with the original.

Thanks--

--Jesse