Re: [NTLK] eMate Problem

From: Robert Benschop (rbenschop_at_mac.com)
Date: Thu Jan 10 2002 - 14:37:17 EST

on 10-01-2002 8:17, Stephen Jendraszak at stevehj_at_mac.com wrote:

> I have the manual, and am waiting for a Torx 8 from a friend. In the
> meantime, the right side of the screen has developed horizontal lines.
> Does this give anyone a better clue as to what the problem might be?
> Also, the eMate is still on 90 day warranty. Is this going to be an easy
> fix, or should I return it, and go without a Newt for a week or two?

With the lines and a warranty intact I wouldn't hesitate and ship it off
right away. If it is a punctures cable (and I have to admit that it sounds =
lot like it) the repair by Apple will set you back $ 180 and in most cases
repairing one of these cables yourself doesn=B9t' work.
Apart from that most warranties are specific that you shouldn't open the
machine yourself.

Robert Benschop