Re: [NTLK] Jerry Brown $150 Newt

From: Chris Searles (csearles_at_netcologne.de)
Date: Thu Jan 10 2002 - 10:05:17 EST

>Chris (and list),
>
> I talked to Gerry Brown on the phone while ordering mine. He is =
>straight=20
>up but his company hustles vast quantities of surplus and rarely to=20
>individuals. The operational cost of sending single units, doing =
>customs,=20
>etc. is not usual for them. I'm in Canada and I arranged to have mine =
>sent=20
>to my daughter in the US for reshipment. If someone on list were to buy =
>50=20
>and redistribute them that would solve a lot of problems in shipping.etc =
>to=20
>foreign locations. Does that party (parties?) exist or are we going to =
>see=20
>GEM or someone selling them at a markup?

I mailed Jerry this morning and he sent me a prompt reply with a credit
card order form. He also said I would have to reply by the end of the
day, since beginning tomorrow they will only be selling the units in
bulk. Unfortunately, since I live outside of the US (Germany), the credit
card order form is no good to me since it explicitly states that it can
only be used with US-based accounts. Also there's no way I could possibly
wire him the money before tomorrow since I would have to travel to the
next bigger town - in my area Western Unions are only available at major
train stations - and that would be a real hassle and pain.

So I will repeat Peter Brigg's question of above and ask if there's
anyone on the list who could do the whole shebang for me, i.e. someone I
could entrust with my funds - after sending them directly via PayPal -
both for the unit and the shipping to Germany.

Chris Searles