Re: [NTLK] Jerry Brown $150 Newt

From: peter brigg (pbrigg_at_uoguelph.ca)
Date: Thu Jan 10 2002 - 09:50:45 EST

Chris (and list),

        I talked to Gerry Brown on the phone while ordering mine. He is =
straight=20
up but his company hustles vast quantities of surplus and rarely to=20
individuals. The operational cost of sending single units, doing =
customs,=20
etc. is not usual for them. I'm in Canada and I arranged to have mine =
sent=20
to my daughter in the US for reshipment. If someone on list were to buy =
50=20
and redistribute them that would solve a lot of problems in shipping.etc =
to=20
foreign locations. Does that party (parties?) exist or are we going to =
see=20
GEM or someone selling them at a markup? No one blames a firm like GEM.=20=

They will probably get 50 or more at $125 from Gerry and sell them for=20=

$249. They are a business.

pb