Re: [NTLK] Another Rare Newt f/s on eBay

From: Ed Kummel (tech_ed_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Jan 08 2002 - 14:51:07 EST

I saw the NotePhone based on the MP2k at a local
company in Reston back in the mid '90s. They had fully
deployed Newtons throughout the building and wireless
networking. (this was back in the days when they had
these "open office" designs where no one had a static
desk. Your desk was where ever you plugged in your
Newton. If you carried it around, it maintained a
wireless network connection and you could find a
co-worker ala-Star Trek.
It was quite innovative (I believe that the company
was called Mitre? It's been a while...)
Ed
web/gadget guru

--- Konstantinos Xonis
<Konstantinos.Xonis_at_physik.uni-giessen.de> wrote:

> Christopher Myers said (D) k
> >
> > Just thought some of you collectors out there
> might be interested.
> > Seems like an original Siemens Newton Phone is for
> sale. It does
> > not appear to be the one based on the 2100.
>
> The "Notephone" based on the Newton 2000 never made
> it into production.
> I think there have been only a very few prototypes
> beeing shown at a
> german computer fair. (CeBIT)
>

> --
> Konstantinos XONIS (XAKChaos of XAK-Design Wetzlar)
> Pestalozzistr. 8 FAX: +49 6441 390 943
> D35576 Wetzlar TEL: +49 6441 390 944 or (mobile)
> +49 177 7025 529
> FR Germany

=====
- The Powerpuff Girls -