Re: [NTLK] Forward -$150 Newt Info FYI

From: Brian (bmcewen_at_mediaone.net)
Date: Mon Jan 07 2002 - 17:27:41 EST

>Sorry, should have been clearer, I meant that if your credit card company
>doesn't give you the security than the means of payment doesn't matter
>anymore, but US law will still protect you won't it, or is one allowed to
>sell you a total lemon ?

You can't sign away all your rights, although people would like you to
believe it :)

I think this disclaimer on his part just helps him scare rotten customers
away. You are buying a working MP with a (exchange) recourse if it's DOA;
if your credit card company is worth anything that's part of the deal; if
it's DOA and he won't swap it, then he's dropped the ball on his side, and
it's time for a less lazy card company if they won't do anything about it.
I don't doubt his reason for the disclaimer at all, though. I think
there are more bad customers than business people.

But it does remind me of when I go to a horse show and sign a "liability
release" to the people putting on the show in the case I get hurt. It's
worthless if you get hurt due to certain actions on their part; you cannot
sign some rights away, it won't holdup, even though you signed; but it
definitely keeps nuisance suits away...