Re: [NTLK] One of the new MAC...

From: Robert Benschop (rbenschop_at_mac.com)
Date: Mon Jan 07 2002 - 03:13:59 EST

on 07-01-2002 6:47, Ed Kummel at tech_ed_at_yahoo.com wrote:

> That's the beauty of the Wintel world. You have
> freedom. If I don't want to use M$'s Media Player, I
> can use some other. And it WILL WORK WITH ANY DIGITAL
> HUB I CHOOSE!
> ACDsee? Sure! My favorite image cataloger is
> ImageEngine. It creates catalogs that can be viewed
> via an embedded viewer, your existing viewer, or even
> a web browser...
> Sure, iDVD and iMovie comes free with the Mac, but if
> you go with a different product, will it work with
> $J's vision of Apple's Digital Hub? Doubtfull!

Though I'm an ardent Apple user I do agree with you that this is all close
to enlightened despotism and indeed a bit scary, the only thing you forget
to mention though that the stuff is damn good, iMovie on it's own is still
the standard out there and will probably be for some time to come and on
it's own a reason to buy a Mac these days.
I personally don't like this cult of personality around SJ but as long as he
churns out the stuff that makes my live easier and/or more enjoyable I'll
still stick with his stuff.

Robert Benschop