Re: [NTLK] New Newton?

From: Ed Kummel (tech_ed_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Jan 07 2002 - 01:15:11 EST

Run that page through http://babelfish.altavista.com
and you get a french version of speculation of Apple's
announcment of a possible iWalk:
"It would seem that a PDA " Made in APPLE " is on the
point to be born! the iWalk (its name remains to be
confirmed) could be well one of the surprises
announced by Steve Jobs for MacWorld Expo which begins
Monday! the iWalk would use MacOS X " light ", with a
brushed interface, and buttons similar to those of
QuickTime 5. Moreover, the use of this apparatus seems
to be done by the use of a stylet on the screen, with
a recognition of the rather powerful writing. It would
be equipped with an Internet navigator, several ports
(entered and left audio, FireWire port, infra-red
port)."

Direct babelfish translation!
Ed
web/gadget guru

--- james richter <paparichter_at_yahoo.com> wrote:

> Well, along with the TimeCanada early announcement
> of
> the new iMac, there's now another international site
> leaking early Mac stuff.
>
> I found this website on a Macworld forum:
>
> http://www.clginformatique.com/index1.html
>
> This is a French Mac retailer. They have listings
> for
> the new Macs. If you look, they also have a listing
> for Newton 2002. If you click the link, it makes it
> seem that there is a 3/1/02 release date for the
> Newton 2002. I don't read French, but there are
> several on this forum that may be able.
>
> It seems like a legitimate site, but as always, it's
> hard to tell until Apple says something.
>

> Jim Richter
>
> =====

=====
- The Powerpuff Girls -