[NTLK] Palm Desktop 4

From: ROBERT DOWNS (rkadowns_at_mac.com)
Date: Sun Jan 06 2002 - 16:06:51 EST

I don't know if this has been brought up already (I don't think so), but if
Palm Desktop 4 for Mac OS neXt is installed, it will break serial
connectivity in Classic. I have not found a workaround yet for this problem
other than uninstalling it, however if I do, I will post it here.

With that said, this is NOT a high priority for me at this time. However if
someone is savvy with writing conduits for Palm Desktop, it seems that this
may be a good opportunity to make PIM synchronization possible on MacOS
uniX. If that could be made a reality, MS may sometime soon release a
conduit for Palm Desktop that would allow it to sync with Entourage, and we
would have a modern sync technique with modern software. Maybe I'm
dreaming, but someone has too. For that matter, maybe Apple will release a
great new Newton Monday

Cheers

Rob