Re: [NTLK] Dead Newt Resurrected and Looking for Power On/Off Sof tware

From: Robert Benschop (rbenschop_at_mac.com)
Date: Sat Jan 05 2002 - 18:43:09 EST

on 05-01-2002 8:50, MuHammed Lonon at mjl3781_at_yahoo.com wrote:

> Does this software allow for me to Power on newton by
> touching the screen?? If so can I have it to, if not
> then it seems slightly redundant since you can access
> sleep from the special items menu in dashboard.

There were two companies that made this, one is the 15 $ SoundSleep from
http://www.standalone.com/MessagePad/SoundSleep/content.html
don't remember the other one right now.

> Also, is there a utility that will allow me to freeze
> and thaw packages in groups on the fly. If so what is
> it. If multiple which is cheaper.

Either Package Manager or Extension Manager from NewtCase will let you do
this, it's available on http://www.newts.com/newton/nc30-pr.html

www.standalone.com has a package too (FreezeMan) but in my experience, and
at least some other people on this list in the past it's not very reliable
(understatement ;-)

Robert Benschop