Re: [NTLK] [OT] Akihabara

From: BK (bk_newtontalk_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Sat Jan 05 2002 - 05:50:47 EST

If you intend to hunt for Newton stuff, you are better off to visit the
SofMap store in Nishi-Shinjuku where they sell second hand and stock
clearance stuff. They always have a bunch of 2100s and 130s along with
some accessories.

In Akihabara it's worth while checking out SofMap store #10 where they
sell really old computer junk. I have seen a few Newton pieces there in
November.

If you are in the market for a new Mac and want to take advantage of the
falling Yen (now at 132 to the Dollar) I'd recommend a stock clearance
item from SofMap stores #2 (basement) for desktops, #9 for older
desktops and some Powerbooks, both in Akihabara or the one in
Nishi-Shinjuku for PowerBooks and iBooks. With a bit of luck you could
get a stock clearance iBook 500 for about 900 USD if you don't mind the
Japanese keyboard. Depending on what Apple announces in SF this weekend
there will be lots of new stock clearance stock available in two weeks -
Your timing couldn't be better ;-)

Don't expect any iPods though - haven't seen any shop that had any iPods
for sale - all on back-order.

rgds
bk