Re: [NTLK] iWalk?

From: Bill Davis (newton_at_ecity.net)
Date: Sat Jan 05 2002 - 02:21:24 EST

>> Who needs a memory slot if it has a 1.8 inch 5GB or a 2.5 inch 6/10/20 GB
>> HD? :-)
>
>id use it for my digital camera. dont you have a coolpix 950 you also,
>sushi? id say it would be much more handy to insert the card into the device
>instead of docking the camera. eats less batts, too...

Me too. My HandEra 330 PalmOS clone has both a CF slot and an SD/MMC
card slot. Both are MS-DOS formatted "disks." I can put them in a card
reader or PCMCIA card adapter and pop 'em into my PC at work, my Mac
laptop, or into my digital camera (Canon S100). I can view the pictures
the camera took on my HandEra. I can copy Palm files onto the card and
then pop the card back in my HandEra and install them into RAM or just
run 'em directly from the card.

I can even use the card to transfer stuff between my PC to my Mac yet
still use it to hold and back up my HandEra data and camera photos.

I can pop out the CF card and use Ethernet, WiFi (AirPort), or many other
CF cards. I can use a 1GB IBM Microdrive.

A CF card is handy as hell.

And I still have the SD/MMC card slot for memory, for a BlueTooth card
soon, and other things eventually. The new Palm mXXX units have SD/MMC
card slots too, so you can exchange data with other Palm units that way
too.

A CF card slot would be the best choice in an Apple PDA. There are CF to
SD/MMC adapter cards available, too.

 - Bill