Re: [NTLK] iWalk?

From: Sushi (Sushi_at_ragingbull.com)
Date: Fri Jan 04 2002 - 08:53:20 EST

>On 1/4/02 @ 10:15 PM, doppler wrote:
>
>yep. just imagine a re-release of the newton with
>todays components: better/lighter batts, better
>ports, smaller cards.
>
>i think the newton would still be a killer PDA
>if its HW was updated a bit.

Yep, totally agree.

One comment that seems to continue to surface is that most people like
the Newt's size.

A Palm is fine for a phone directory, and todo's, and serving as a
reminder device (note I am not saying calendar). In many ways the iPaq
is the same. When using either, I must carry a paper calendar for what I
need.

The Newt's screen real estate lets you do so much. It eliminates the
need for paper, which in itself is liberating.

I forget where I read this, but a Newt was described as being too big to
carry but just right to use. And a Palm was just right to carry, but too
small to use.

Of course it all depends on what you are going to use the device for.

But yes, to dream. What would a Newt of today look like?

Who knows, we may get that treat on Monday, or be disappointed again for
not having a Newton replacement. Unfortunately, my money is on being
disappointed in that regard.

Sushi