Re: [NTLK] iWalk (of course!)

From: Mark Rollins (mark_at_mrollins.com)
Date: Fri Jan 04 2002 - 06:58:00 EST

Subject: Re: [NTLK] iWalk..
From: Hans Johnson <hjohnson_at_sfu.ca>

>Another problem is that when I searched the USPTO for the tradmark
>"iWalk", the only record that actually came up was owned by a company
--snip--

I sincerey doubt that anyone - especiallly Apple - would court a
trademark lawsuit from Sony. The iWalk name - if the device real (and I
feel about 85% sure it is) is probably like "Carl Sagan" a development
name from Apple. Think "It", nee "Ginger" really named "Segway Human
Transporter". That would be the reason it's only silk-screened on.

As far as Trademarks go, here's some recent ones to think about:
Gigawire - http://tess.uspto.gov/bin/showfield?f=doc&state=9ee2vf.2.25
Apple iServices - http://tess.uspto.gov/bin/showfield?f=doc&state=9ee2vf.2.2
iPod - http://tess.uspto.gov/bin/showfield?f=doc&state=9ee2vf.2.16
  Note iPod refers to a family of devices "Portable digital electronic
devices and software related thereto; handheld digital electronic
devices and software related thereto.; Portable digital electronic
devices and software related thereto; handheld digital electronic
devices and software related thereto."

Also, regarding the dire FCC warning sticker not being present on the
prototype, this happens all the time. Only on units built for FCC
certification and/or field tested is the sticker usually applied.

Regarding the comments about the videos, keep in mind we're looking at
compressed digital video. The use of compression and keyframes could
account for many of the artifacts seen. As far as the "alien autopsy"
video goes, anyone with a moderate of medical knowledge spotted it as a
fake from the get-go.

Altho if the video is fake, and we've been decieved I can suggest
(tonguein-cheek) a new target for the US Army Rangers.

With all the hints from Apple (new IR stuff in OS X update, the
"stealth" QuickTime update last week) something big is coming. If it's
just a flat-panel iMac, I'll just puke.

Mark Rollins, CIH, CSP
mark_at_mrollins.com
www.mrollins.com