Re: [NTLK] iWalk?

From: bpearce_at_cloud9.net
Date: Thu Jan 03 2002 - 08:23:08 EST

>But the stuff there NOW is different....and if it's a fake, I'm
>VEEEEERRRRYYY impressed with the abilities of whoever faked it!
>Especially the movies. Not to mention the user interface seems pretty
>well designed for a fake.

While I'll gladly eat my words if it turns out to be an actual, shipping
product, two
aspects of the video (along with a general lack of faith in such rumors)
have set off
my radar:

Apple isn't in the habit of putting the name "Apple" in a start-up screen.

And that raised "scroll wheel" is ill-designed for a smaller,
pocket-sized device. If
anything, I'd expect to see a design similar to the one used in the IPod,
which is so
useful and ingenious.

As for the interface, it isn't all that difficult to pick and choose
different icons and
widgets to make an interface that *looks* good, though using it would be
another
thing...

BRIAN/bpearce_at_cloud9.net