Re: [NTLK] Newtsicle

From: Peter Cameron (pdwc_at_sympatico.ca)
Date: Wed Jan 02 2002 - 16:54:26 EST

Mietek <mietek_at_icpnet.pl> wrote:

> Whoa... you leave cars unlocked? Are
> you located in Shangri-La, by any chance?

   I've found locking the car only encourages people to break in. I don't keep anything of value in the car (and since it's an 89 Chrysler it certainly has no value) so if the thieves want to poke thru the trash in the back seat ... they're welcome.
   So far I've lost a plastic mug, but got a spiffy umbrella in return, using this method.
   Leaving an 8-track tape (K-Tel polka hits or something similar is best) on the dash will also discourage would-be thieves. ;->

Peter