Re: [NTLK] NeXT Step

From: Jim Richter (paparichter_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Jan 02 2002 - 02:15:31 EST

That's great to hear. A few questions:

1) Is there any limitation as to which version of Virtual PC? I'm
using VPC5 for OSX. Which version do you use?

2) Which version are you using of NeXTStep--3.3 for Intel? Or,
OpenStep?

3) I have a G4, so all my peripherals are either Firewire or USB. VPC
4 and 5 offer support for USB. Will I have any problems using my USB
keyboard and mouse in NeXStep? The USB support in Virtual PC--does that
come from the DOS Bios (whatever that is!) or from Windows 98 (which is
what I've been using with it)? What Mac do you use?

4) Would I need a floppy drive to install? I've read that NeXStep uses
a boot floppy to install the system components from the CD-ROM.

5) Any serious issues?

Thanks

Jim R.