Re: [NTLK] Faralon Ehternet card

From: ekummel (ekummel_at_tek-ed.com)
Date: Wed Jan 02 2002 - 00:22:16 EST

Please take a look at this page:
http://members.tripod.com/mrpcbman/mini-din.htm
David Humphreys (aka, pcbman) has returned to us after a brief hiatus and in
so doing gave us a wonderous vision of HIS particular version of the Newt's
future. This included, amoung other things, a dual purpose card that would
not only be a dongle killer, but an accellerator (220mhz is the norm for
accelleration). With all things, there is a modicum of doubt, but if there
is a person who could pull this off, it would be pcbman.
Unfortunatly, the problems associated with the accelleration of a Newt are
well known. One of them being the inability to communicate via ethernet when
using a card that does not use the atlan driver. The dlink is one such card
that would not suffer this communication problem during accelleration!
As such, my recommendation with an eye to the future...Use a future vision
when selecting an ethernet card...

Ed
web/gadget guru