Re: [NTLK] Newton apps on System 6

From: Sushi (Sushi_at_ragingbull.com)
Date: Tue Jan 01 2002 - 14:47:55 EST

>On 1/2/02 @ 2:05 AM, Greg Goodwin wrote:
>
>Hey there, I plan on using a Macintosh with System 6.
>The "Mac" that I am using will be able to use 6.08.
>
>What Newton apps on Macintosh are out there that will
>work under the system 6 operating system?

What Mac are you planning on using?

Also, which Newt are you planning to use?

Earlier Newts have different requirements so it depends on which Newt you
are going to use.

For discussion sake, let's say you are going to use a Newt 2000 or 2100.
NCU and NBU work with either of these Newts. However, neither NCU or NBU
will work with system 6.

NCU: Newton Connection Utilities requires MAC OS 7.1 or higher, 8MB
total RAM with 4MB available, and a hard drive with 10MB of available
disk space.

NBU: Newton Backup Utilities requires Mac OS 7.0 or highter, 4MB total
RAM, and a hard drive with 3MB of available disk space.

Sushi