[NTLK] Heaven or Hell

From: Filmer, Paul E. (pfilmer_at_nsf.gov)
Date: Thu Feb 28 2002 - 14:49:40 EST

Well, I installed this pkg on my MP2100' s internal, and then put in my
second 32 Meg card, and now I am definitely in hell. Busy-box hell, that
is. How long does this take to grab everything in the heap? I've got the
clock going, and we're approaching five minutes. Am I frozen? No way to
tell. The reset button does not work, so my only option is to pop the
battery.

On reset, I now immediately go into hell, and it never finishes booting -
frozen out again. So I tried extensions-off, but I can't tease the window
into coming up, it simply goes right into extensions-on as soon as I lift
the pen. Dare I simply remove the card, and risk corrupting it?

Well, I tried that, and was faced with lots of floater windows with no text
or visible dismissal buttons (but which were obviously there, since I could
get rid of them)

End result: 64 Mb of free memory on my cards. One Newt in pristine state,
no data or packages to be seen anywhere.

Good thing I backed this up a few weeks ago... except for my packages, so I
lost a bunch of things beamed to me but never extracted w/ Package Buddy
(which never could connect...)

AAAAARGH. I'm going home to sulk.