[NTLK] [ANN] NewTen 1.1 for Mac OS X

From: Steven Frank (stevenf_at_panic.com)
Date: Wed Feb 27 2002 - 22:48:28 EST

Hi Newtketeers,

I've put up a minor update to NewTen. The changes are:

- Added a "Re-scan for serial drivers" button, for if you're like me and
can never remember to plug in the serial adapter BEFORE launching NewTen

- The serial drivers popup-menu now displays ALL cu.* and tty.* entries
from /dev. This is because I got a report that said NewTen works with
the GeeThree serial port if cu.modem or tty.modem is used. It's
possible this could work on older Macs with built-in serial ports as
well. Your mileage may vary... Why not try it and let me know?

In case you missed 1.0, NewTen is the UnixNPI package installer, wrapped
in a pretty Mac OS X interface. It does not do things like backup &
restore as of yet. Source is included.

You can get it here:

http://www.panic.com/~stevenf/index.php?node=NewTen

Be sure to read the documentation for important info.

Steven