Re: [NTLK] 2100 e-mail setup problems

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent_daudelin_at_fanniemae.com)
Date: Wed Feb 27 2002 - 14:20:58 EST

On 27/02/02 14:12, "Rolf Brakvatne" <rbrak29_at_qwest.net> wrote:

> on 2/27/02 12:00 PM, Laurent Daudelin at laurent_daudelin_at_fanniemae.com
> wrote:

>>> Robert,
>>>
>>> Yes, I did make a new setup. I did get SimpleMail to function, but the
>>> Ethernet card will not connect to the Cisco DSL modem. Now even the eMate
>>> will not connect using this card.
>>>
>>> I know the Farallon card works because this e-mail is being sent out of a
>>> Powerbook to the Cisco DSL modem using it.
>>>
>>> I am really back to square one and have no idea what to do except try and
>>> get another Ethernet card, even though it works perfectly on a Mac.
>>
>> Sorry if this was mentioned before, but which card is this? Are you sure
>> that you have the right driver for this card on your Newton? Just because it
>> works on your PowerBook doesn't mean it will work on your Newton.
>>
>> And if you're sure that you *DOUBLE-CHECKED* everything in your setup and it
>> doesn't work with the Cisco router, then it means it doesn't work...
>>
>> -Laurent.
>
> Laurent,
>
> Proxim just sent me an RMA number and will be shipping me a new Farallon
> card! Now that is service.

Rolf,

Then, let us know what happens with your replacement card. Still a bit odd
that this card turned bad...

-Laurent.

creationism n.: The (false) belief that large, innovative software designs
can be completely specified in advance and then painlessly magicked out of
the void by the normal efforts of a team of normally talented programmers.
In fact, experience has shown repeatedly that good designs arise only from
evolutionary, exploratory interaction between one (or at most a small
handful of) exceptionally able designer(s) and an active user population --
and that the first try at a big new idea is always wrong. Unfortunately,
because these truths don't fit the planning models beloved of management,
they are generally ignored.