Re: [NTLK] Faster that 57600 with NCU?

From: Smith, Bradley (bradley.smith_at_artisansw.com)
Date: Wed Feb 27 2002 - 04:52:07 EST

Hi John,

I did the original NCU hack for Windows and Mac to let the user choose 57600
baud. I did spend some effort trying to convince it to go higher but it just
resulted in a crash every time. I'm not saying it can't be done, I'm a
programmer - not a hacker, just that it isn't as easy as convincing it to go
to 57600. The problem, for anyone interested, is the need for an extra byte
for speeds above 57600 i.e.

115200
230400
56700

The options are to either trash a byte of the code or offset every
subsequent byte in the code by one. Either way it's crash time :-(

Brad