[NTLK] Error -16022 - suggested fix didn't work

From: Michael Blazer (m.blazer_at_utoronto.ca)
Date: Tue Feb 26 2002 - 23:23:15 EST

Suddenly today (just after sending a fax) I started getting -16022 errors
every time I try to dial up my ISP with my 2100. Faxing doesn't work
anymore either. As suggested somewhere by Victor, I checked to make sure
modem prefs are set for the lower card slot, where the modem is. Tried this
repeatedly, with soft resets in between. Still the same error. Tried with
another modem, thinking maybe my modem was fried. Still the same error.

Put modem in upper card slot, adjusted prefs accordingly, and it works
without error. Back into lower slot, -16022 error again.

I figured maybe something's wrong with the lower slot, but it works fine
with memory cards, and it recognizes the modem when I insert it (i.e., gives
the "A communications card has been inserted" announcement).

Any ideas?

Michael