Re: [NTLK] Question... What do you use your newton for?

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent_daudelin_at_fanniemae.com)
Date: Tue Feb 26 2002 - 14:18:57 EST

On 26/02/02 14:12, "Laurent Daudelin" <laurent_daudelin_at_fanniemae.com>
wrote:

> On 25/02/02 23:55, "Loren Finkelstein" <Loren_at_Finkelstein.Net> wrote:
> [snip!]
>> 179 items in GeekSafe
> [snip!]
>
> Not sure which version of GeekSafe Loren is using, but if it's 1.1, I just
> kinda feel some pressure. I know the kind of information you would store in
> an application like GeekSafe, and I feel really responsible for that data (I
> know, I shouldn't, but that's how I am)... Specially with 179 items!
>
> Loren, if you're using 1.1, I hope you're doing export to the Notepad from
> time to time, right?

That gives me an idea: for all those using GeekSafe, how many items do you
keep in it? Go to Extras. Pick up "Storage". Tap the icon "GeekSafe:NTOP".
Look at the numbers in the little dialog that appears. I currently have 227
items. Ouf! Gotta do a backup right here, right now!!!!

-Laurent.

elephantine adj.: Used of programs or systems that are both conspicuous hogs
(owing perhaps to poor design founded on brute force and ignorance) and
exceedingly hairy in source form. An elephantine program may be functional
and even friendly, but (as in the old joke about being in bed with an
elephant) it's tough to have around all the same (and, like a pachyderm,
difficult to maintain). In extreme cases, hackers have been known to make
trumpeting sounds or perform expressive proboscatory mime at the mention of
the offending program. Usage: semi-humorous. Compare `has the elephant
nature' and the somewhat more pejorative monstrosity. See also second-system
effect and baroque.