[NTLK] Tactile.com update

From: Anthony Velasco (ecotone_at_mac.com)
Date: Tue Feb 26 2002 - 13:39:44 EST

Just an update on my communications with Tactile...

I have made some progress in negotiations with the Tactile software company.
Rob has offered me the opportunity to manage sales and licensing of
Tactile's Newton software. Since his original work on Tactile products he
has become extremely busy in his career, but still retains his interest in
the product line.

The current Tactile Systems, Inc. website (http://www.tactile.com) will
serve as a central source for software downloads. Rob and I have briefly
discussed revamping the website, and in particular, the order/payment page
as he is no longer accepting payments through the website. However,
additional discussion is required before this is expected to happen... maybe
sometime in the future, but please don't expect it in the near future.

My primary goal in pursuing contact with Tactile was to resolve the many
inquiries/requests in this NewtonTalk community (myself included). In
managing the sales and licensing for Tactile, I'm granted modest discretions
and am taking this opportunity to offer Tactile software at a 30% discount
(not including the medical software category). I only request in honor of
the effort I have put forth, for each piece of software you purchase, that
you donate $5.00(US) to: http://www.newtontalk.net/donations/ - this only
applies to software *originally priced* at $15 or more. I know you won't be
saving anything with donations for the $15 software, but this _IS_ for a
greater cause! And, if you feel it in your heart to still make a donation
for a $10 software purchase, or in Tactile's name, may your backlight always
glow bright-green!

This offer is only good through the end of March 2002. To purchase software,
please follow the instructions below:

1. Send me an email request for the software you wish to register.
   Include your Tactile "registration code(s)" and payment preferences in
this email.
   Email address: ecotone_at_mac.com
2. I will respond with payment information. Options: PayPal, or domestic
check/money order.
3. Upon confirmation of payment, the unlock code(s) will be emailed to you.
4. Enjoy your unlocked software!
   And remember to make your donations to
http://www.newtontalk.net/donations/!!!

  Anthony Velasco, USFWS-Ecologist/ecotoxicologist
                ecotone_at_mac.com

   "just another birds and bunnies kinda guy...
    next time look up and wave to me
    in that black helicopter in the sky."

This Newt's trekking through cactusland and lov'n it!

Managing Sales and Licensing for Newton Software at:
  http://www.tactile.com - Tactile Systems, Inc.
Contact me via the above E-mail for more information