[NTLK] BookMaker help?

From: John Goggan (jgoggan_at_dcg.com)
Date: Tue Feb 26 2002 - 11:47:32 EST

I'm in the process of creating my first NewtonBook. Things have gone well so
far -- all of the data is in. Now I'd like to make a better overview system.
I've read the BookMaker PDF and it appears to indicate that I can do what I
want, but I haven't been able to get it all to work yet... Hopefully someone
on the list has already done this (or knows of a Book that does it so that I
know it is at least possible).

Basically, I want to have multiple "indexes" to the same data in the
overview. So, as an example, say that I have a Book full of data on soccer
players. Each page lists their name and stats. Now, I want to be able "drill
down" through the overview both alphabetically and by team name. So, let's
say I have this data:

John Doe, Red Team
Bob Bones, Blue Team
Jane Doe, Red Team

In the overview, I would want that something like this:

Alphabetical
    Bones, Bob
    Doe, Jane
    Doe, John
Team
  Blue Team
    Bones, Bob
  Green Team
  Red Team
    Doe, Jane
    Doe, John

So, after clicking the overview, I could go in alphabetically or by team name
and get to the same data.

I've tried things like:
.subject 1 browserOnly name=Alpha
Alphabetical
.subject 2 browserOnly browser=Alpha
.subject 2 browserOnly browser=Alpha
.subject 3 browserOnly browser=Alpha goto=BobBones
Bones, Bob
[...]

.subject 1 browserOnly name=Teams
Team
.subject 2 browserOnly browser=Teams
Blue Team
.subject 3 browserOnly browser=Teams goto=BobBones
Bones, Bob
[...]

.story StartsPage name=BobBones
Bob Bones
Team: Blue
Stats: Blah
[...]

It seems to set up the structure correctly, but doesn't really function as I
would expect. It gets confused -- and clicking on anyone except the first
person causes it to just jump to the first one anyhow.

Any thoughts are appeciated! Thanks!

 - John...