Re: [NTLK] Finally got my 2100!

From: William R. Dickson (wrd_at_awenet.com)
Date: Tue Feb 26 2002 - 11:31:36 EST

On Tue, 26 Feb 2002 beaumontj_at_mindspring.com wrote:

>> I got a MessagePad 100 years ago -- still have it, actually, framed on
>> my wall.
>
> William, framed how?

Through the ingenuity of an ex-girlfriend. I had an old, cheap, ragged
Calise-style case for it, which had a snap-in bracket sewn into one side
for holding the newton. This is the bracket that would only work on the
OMP and 100 -- a bar that hooks into the groove at top rear of the MP, and
a snap that fits the hole in the center rear.

She removed that bracket, attached it with wire to the cardboard backing
of the frame, then sewed some red fabric over most of it to make it look
good. There are some ugly bits where the bracket parts protrude, but
they're hidden when the MP is attached. The MP just snaps onto the
bracket in the frame.

I have yet to complete the other half of my plan -- I have an MP 120 that
my boss gave me as scrap when his son accidentally put a chair down on it,
crushing the screen. I intend to disembowel it (it was too badly damaged
to attempt to salvage any of the innards), replace the screen with glass,
and use it as a picture frame.

-Bill

--
 William R. Dickson -- Consuming the Earth's limited resources since 1968
 wrd_at_awenet.com                              http://www.manoutoftime.org/

I don't mind it if you don't like my manners. They're pretty bad. I grieve over them during the long winter evenings.

-Raymond Chandler, "The Big Sleep"