[NTLK] Finally got my 2100!

From: William R. Dickson (wrd_at_awenet.com)
Date: Tue Feb 26 2002 - 09:33:11 EST

I got a MessagePad 100 years ago -- still have it, actually, framed on
my wall. I replaced it with a 120 with NOS 2.0, then upgraded to a
130. Then a couple years ago, down at MacWorld SF, I picked up a Visor
and sold the 130; I figured smaller was better, and while Palm wasn't as
elegant as NOS, it was good enough.

Two years later, my new wife has given me one of GEM's 2100's for my
birthday, and I think I'm ready to switch back.

The 2100 looks like it's in great shape -- had to do some fiddling to
get the battery to charge, but thanks to this list I knew how to get it
started. I'm looking forward to trying out some of the great stuff
people have been working on lately!

One question -- I'm looking for a good case. I'm thinking of getting
one of the PDA Concepts cases that holds the 2100 with keyboard and
ID/credit cards, but what I'd really like is one that's just big enough
to both hold the Newton and serve as a wallet, with card pockets and
room for some cash. Can anybody recommend such a case?

Thanks,

-Bill

--
  William R. Dickson -- Consuming the Earth's limited resources since 1968
  wrd_at_awenet.com                              http://www.manoutoftime.org/

"A man's only as old as the woman he feels."

- Groucho Marx